Thursday, September 27, 2012

seattle.working.girl


Seattle

Last week I was up in Seattle for the Pacific Northwest Mortgage Lenders Conference… Sounds fun huh?

For my first time to Seattle it wasn’t that bad. I did spend a majority of the time in our hotel representing IDS, but on the last day I was able to go out and explore and catch up with old friends. It was perfect weather and the city was beautiful. 

The IDS Booth


The opening reception cocktail party for our conference was at the top of the Space Needle on the first night it was so amazing. The view from the top is unlike anything. I loved seeing the ferry boats and the water. It was a great way to spend my first evening in Seattle.
View from our room at the Grand Hyatt Seattle


View from the Space Needle, I love ferry boats

Space Needle

Space Needle


On Wednesday once the conference was finished I was able to meet up with one of my very good friends from home Brittney Bell, now Brittney Gardner and her husband. We met up at the Pike Place Market and it was a blast, totally different and unlike anything in Utah. I loved the flowers, the pier and all the small shops and food vendors all along the market. 
Pike's Market with Britt, love her!


Pike's Market flowers, they are so beautiful and so cheap


The famous Gold Pig and me it doesn't get much better than that. 

The 'World Famous' Fish throwers. They came to speak at our convention and it was really fun to see it live at the market. 

Gum Alley- Entire wall filled with gum, yuck!

The first Starbucks ever. Everyone in Seattle always has a cup of Starbucks coffee in their hand. 

The Pier

Seattle was a lot of fun, but it was long days and lots of hours and it felt oh so good to get home to husband and Nixon.

No comments: