Friday, September 28, 2012

grand.opening


Grand Opening of the Matt Knoop Memorial Park

On September 15th Basin Recreation hosted the grand opening for the Matt Knoop Memorial Park. It was beautiful. There were lots of friends and families and loving support.

It was a true celebration of Matt and all his achievements and contributions to our activities. For me it was pretty emotional. I loved seeing the joy on everyone’s faces, the laughter and all his friends playing a soccer game in his memory. This is a perfect place and a perfect way to remember and represent Matt. I could just picture him everywhere.

I can’t wait to take my own kids to this park and tell them Matt’s story. I am convinced and set on buying the lot that is for sale right next to the park! Natalie,

Natalie, Dave (Matt's Dad and our old soccer coach) and I admiring the beautiful astro turf soccer field. 

Sarah Cate and I. Sarah was my roommate up at Utah State and had to deal with Matt all the time because of me. We all became a tight knit group. It was so good to see her. 


Natalie, Kaye (Matt's Mom) and I. It was truly a perfect day.

No comments: