Wednesday, April 13, 2011

we're.getting.married

That's right Trevor Linthorst and I are getting married! As of April 10, 2011 I have a finace! I told you I was in love, so much so that I got an answer and that was to marry and spend the rest of eternity with Trevor. He makes me the happiest person, he makes me Ali again. After years of trials and tragedies I finally feel like my old self again, but more mature of course. Well enough of that here is the story!

This past weekend Trevor and I went to Moab with my mom and dad! It was the perfect weekend to get away from work and best of all the snow! We spent Saturday off roading to Gemini Bridges and other places it was a blast. My dad and Trevor could not stop talking about Jeeps and off roading. I think every Jeep we passed we stop/slow downed to check it out! It was great. Then that night we went out to dinner for my birthday, I do not recommend the Moab Brew Pub! Anyways Sunday morning we woke up to blue sky and sunshine, which meant hiking!! I could not wait, we were going to my favorite arch- Corona Arch. I was especially excited to share this place with Trevor since he has never been to Moab! As we set out it was just a normal day.... Once we got to the arch there were a ton of people. We walked around and went to the back side of the arch... As we sat there Trevor kept getting frustrated that people kept coming and I didn't know why and basically all at the same time everyone left, even my parents. I got up a few minutes later to walk back, Trevor was behind me. Kept saying my name "Ali, Ali, ALI!!!" I was totally oblivious, but turned around. He asked me to hold his Nike bag. I guess right on top was the ring box with a bow and I didn't even notice I just said "Ok" closed the bag and put it on my back.... Great now what was he going to do. So I started walking again and he kept saying my name once again and I finally turned around and there in his hand was the ring! I could not believe it, my hands went straight to my mouth and I started to cry. I was not expecting it at all and I had been waiting a long time... We decided to get married the day I got back from Hawaii, February 7th, that's how long I have been married. So then he asked "Ali Jane Knudsen will you marry me?" Shocked and trembling with excitement I said "Yes" and that's how it happened! Here are some pictures to tell the story enjoy!! I am the happiest girl in the world. By the way the picture of the ring does not do it justice you will have to see it in person!!


On the way up!! I love this picture




Notice no ring!!!

Right before it happened!


Right after it happened


The ring, it's beautiful and so unique!!

xoxo, a


4 comments:

Lauren Allen said...

YAY!!! I can't wait to finally see you tonight, and see that gigantic rock in person! :) Love you long time!

jessandbryce said...

Congratulations Ali!!!!! So happy for you! Marriage is phenomenal! Wow, that ring really is amazing! Can't wait to see it in person!

Meg said...

SOOOOOOOO happy for you! Seriously.

Erin Lee said...

Congrats to you both! You have so much to look forward too~enjoy being engaged~it is so fun!!
xoxoxox