Saturday, April 25, 2009

This past Tuesday April 21, 2009 marked the one year anniversary of Matt's death. I anticipated this day for a long time and dreaded the actual morning I would awake to remember the events that took place just one year ago. It seems hard to believe that I have lived through an entire year of this pain, this love for Matt, strong memories of him, and of course happiness of my own. I have not learned or endured more in my life than I did this past year. I have grown into the person I want to be and the person Matt knew I would become. It's odd on Tuesday I remembered a lot of memories of Matt, memories I had not yet encountered until that day. One was the night I was saying good bye to Matt, of course I have remembered this night since it happened. It couldn't have been more perfect. As I balled into Matt's big body, I remember him telling me that when he got home I would be an amazing woman and that I had so much potential. Well I have and am still becoming that woman or so I hope. I miss him everyday and the pain seems great some days and not so bad other days, but I will be stronger and more a live because of the things that have happened to me because of my best friend Matt. I love you forever Mattie. "Cya, wouldn't wanna be ya!" this was the phrase I said to Matt everyday as he left for his next class and me for mine or at the end of the night when he would return to his dorm. He is my best friend and I am better because of knowing him. Thank you, love you, miss you with all my soul.








Elder Matthew Knoop 2/23/1988 ~ 4/21/2008 "My body sleeps for a moment but my testimony lives and shall endure through all eternity."Forever Loving You.....Your Family.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Good post Miss Ali. You are absolutely precious!

Meg said...

I am so proud of you Ali! I hope that your heart continues to heal.